Thursday 28 July 2011

Daniel Craig & Harrison Ford: 'Cowboys & Aliens' Set Was 'A Rodeo'


Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford team up as opposing forces in a frontier town who unite to fight an otherworldly foe in 'Cowboys & Aliens,' in theaters Friday, and Harrison tells ET the atmosphere on the set at times was like a rodeo!
"No animals were harmed in the making of this movie -- a couple of actors were kind of shook up or bruised; we took it easy on the animals," says Harrison with a laugh. "You ask any actor, 'Do you ride?' and they go, 'Ooh, yeah, I ride, I ride real well,' and then when you pull up to the mark there are a couple of empty horses. It was a rodeo, it was good."
Co-star Olivia Wilde, a seasoned rider, had a serious mishap on the set when she fell off her fast-moving horse, but ultimately brushed it off. "Oh yeah, it was insane," she confirms. "The good thing is I know how to fall, which may have saved my life in this case."
Daniel adds, "We were blessed by the fact that there were few injuries," but in the case of Olivia's spill, he recalls, "All I saw was Olivia's riderless horse right up next to me. … But she was great, because she was so brave and she actually managed to tuck and roll and do all the things you're supposed to do that I wouldn't have done if I had fallen off. I would have fallen like a brick and cracked every bone in my body probably. So she was bruised up but she was fine."
"She took a hard fall and she took it like a trooper," agrees Harrison.
'Iron Man' director Jon Favreau helms the dusty sci-fi tale -- based on the popular graphic novel -- of what goes down when an alien spaceship lands in the Arizona frontier in 1873 and begins to abduct the locals. Believing the aliens to be demons, the residents of a small town called Absolution are forced to enlist the help of an outcast to fight off their new enemies from beyond.
Source: etonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...